Tugasiswa.com - Pada buku Bahasa Inggris English for Nusantara kelas VII (tujuh), Chapter 3 Home Sweet Home, Progress Check 1, Halaman 148-152, Kurikulum Merdeka tingkat sekolah SMP/Mts terdapat 17 soal: 10 soal pilihan ganda, 1 soal menyusun kalimat, 1 soal menulis essay, dan 5 melengkapi dialog.
Progress Check 1
Sinta is Galang’s sister. She is 16 years old. She is tall and has straight black hair. She likes to wear a ribbon in her hair.
Her hobby is playing badminton. She often plays badminton with Ibu Posma in a park near her house every weekend. When playing badminton, they bring their own rackets and shuttlecocks.
After playing badminton, Sinta and Ibu Posma go to a restaurant near the park. They usually have rica-rica chicken with rice. It is Sinta’s favorite food because it is spicy and greasy. She likes to have it with orange juice. It is sour but very fresh.
For numbers 1-5, choose the best answers.
1. What is Sinta’s favorite accessory?
a. A necklace
b. A bracelet
c. A watch
d. A ribbon
2. What is Sinta’s favorite meal?
a. Rica-rica chicken with rice and orange juice.
b. Spicy chicken with rice and orange juice.
c. Rica-rica chicken with rice and lemon juice.
d. Spicy chicken with rice and lemon juice.
3. What is a type of sports that is similar to Sinta’s hobby?
4. What things do Sinta and Ibu Posma always bring to play badminton?
a. Balls and rackets.
b. Shuttlecocks and boards.
c. Shuttlecocks and rackets.
d. Balls and boards.
5. How many times do Sinta and Ibu Posma play badminton?
a. Three times a week.
b. Two times a week.
c. Five times a week.
d. Four times a week.
Andre is going to make a pancake for the first time. He needs to follow the recipe to make it but the steps are in the wrong order. Help Andre arrange the steps in the correct order.
How to Make a Pancake
- Next, put two cups of flour and two tablespoons of butter into the bowl along with the wet ingredients and mix them together.
- Then, heat a pan with a low-medium heat with cooking oil and ⅓ cup of batter.
- First, add two eggs and two cups of milk to the bowl as the wet ingredients. Whisk it together until it is smooth and lump-free.
- Finally, put the pancake on a plate and serve it with toppings you like.
- Cook the pancake for one to two minutes until the bottom of the pancake is golden brown. Flip and cook until the pancake turns golden.
Arrange the text numbers to make the correct step to make a pancake.
6. _____) − (_____) − (_____) − (_____) − (_____)
7. Think about your hobby. Describe what you need for your hobby, how many times you do your hobby, and the reason why you like to do your hobby. To describe your hobby, you may use the sentences below.
My hobby is __________
I like __________
To do __________ I need __________
I often play __________
I usually play __________
I like to __________ because __________
Monita’s bedroom is very spacious. She loves to hang out in her bedroom. When we go inside, there is one large bed. If we look closely, we can see a drawer under her bed. There are many dolls inside the drawer. Next to the bed, there is a side table with a lamp above it. She has a big white cupboard which is full of colorful clothes. She likes Justin Bieber, so she sticks some posters of him on the wall. Between the posters, she hangs a picture of her and her best friends. In front of her bed, there is a cabinet with a television above it. She tidies up her bedroom every day. No wonder her room is very neat and clean.
For numbers 1-5, choose the best answers.
8. What can we ind in Tamara’s bedroom?
a. A drawer, a bed, dolls, a side table, and a cupboard.
b. A bed, a side table, a radio, and a lamp.
c. A bed, a side table, books, and a television.
d. A picture, dolls, a chair, and a rug
9. What does Monita do to make her bedroom neat and clean?
a. Wipes the dust.
b. Puts the trash away.
c. Tidies up the room.
d. Mops the loor.
10. Where does Tamara keep her dolls?
a. She keeps her dolls under the cabinet.
b. She keeps her dolls between the posters.
c. She keeps her dolls above the side table.
d. She keeps her dolls inside the drawer.
11. What does Tamara hang between the posters?
a. A picture of beautiful lamps.
b. Colorful clothes.
c. A picture of her and her best friends.
d. A television.
12. Where does Tamara place her lamp?
a. She places her lamp above the drawer next to the large bed.
b. She places her lamp inside the cupboard in front of the bed.
c. She places her lamp above the side table next to the large bed.
d. She places her lamp under the side table next to the large bed.
For numbers 13-17, complete the dialogue with appropriate words.
Galang : Come in, Andre.
Andre : Wow. Is this your bedroom? It is so (13) __________.
Galang : Well, I don’t think it is that tidy. I feel like it’s still (14) __________.
Andre : Why do you think so?
Galang : I have too many books and I don’t know where to store them. My drawers are full. That is why I put some of them (15) __________ my bed.
Andre : Don’t you think it is too dusty to put your books there? There is usually a lot of (16) __________ under the bed.
Galang : Yeah … but I don’t know where else I should put them.
Andre : Why don’t you donate the books you don’t read anymore? I know a place to donate books.
Galang : That’s a great idea! Will you help me sort the books?
Andre : Sure! Let’s start by putting the books out. Then, we can (17) __________ them from the dust together.
Galang : Okay. Thank you, Andre.
Jawaban Final Progress Check 1
6. ( 3 ) – ( 1 ) – ( 2 ) – ( 5 ) – ( 4 )
7. Isi berdasarkan hobi kamu, contohnya seperti ini:
My hobby is writing.I like to create fictional stories and explore different worlds through my writing.To do this, I need a quiet space, a computer or notebook, and plenty of imagination.I often play with words and craft sentences to bring my ideas to life.I usually play with different genres and writing styles to keep things interesting and challenging.I like to write because it allows me to express my creativity and share unique perspectives and stories with others.