Saifullah.id - Kali ini kita masih akan membahas soal di buku Bahasa Inggris kelas X (sepuluh) tingkat SMA/SMK/MA. Tapi pembahasan kali ini berfokus pada Text Structure di Chapter 11 halaman 150.
Teks yang kita akan bahas tentu saja masih tentang biografi Cut Nyak Dhien. Teks ini masuk dalam jenis Recount Text, yang mana fungsi dari recount text adalah untuk memberi tahu atau menulis tentang peristiwa masa lalu.
Perlu diingat bahwa, Recount teks memiliki struktur teks berupa: Orientasi, Kejadian, dan Reorientasi.
Secara individual, kalian disuruh untu klengkapi bagan di bawah untuk mengetahui struktur teks dari biografi Cut Nyak Dhien. Kemudian, silakan diskusikan dengan teman sekelas kalian bagian mana dari teks yang termasuk Ororientasi, Kejadian, dan Reorientasi.
The text about Cut Nyak Dhien is a recount. Recounts are used to tell or write about past events. Remember that a recount consists of an orientation, a series of events, and a reorientation.
Individually, complete the following chart to find out the text structure of the biographical recount of Cut Nyak Dhien. Then, please discuss with your classmates which part of the text is orientation, a series of events, and a reorientation.
|Supporting paragraph 1|
|Supporting paragraph 2|
|Supporting paragraph 3||To tell Cut Nyak Dhien's 2nd marriage||- Cut Nyak Dhien accepted Teuku Umar’s proposal.
- Their marriage greatly boosted the morale of Aceh armies.
|Supporting paragraph 4|
|Supporting paragraph 5|
|Supporting paragraph 6|
|Introductory paragraph||To start the recount by introducing Cut Nyak Dhien||- Her birthdate and death.
- She was a leader of the Acehnese guerilla for 25 years.
- She was an Indonesian National Hero
|Supporting paragraph 1||To tell about her family and first marriage.||- She was from Islamic aristocratic family.
- She was educated in religion and household matters.
- She was beautiful and many people wanted to marry her.
- She was finally married to Teuku Cik Ibrahim Lamnga.
|Supporting paragraph 2||To tell the start of war on Aceh||- The Dutch declared war on Aceh.
- The Dutch captured VI mukim and the Sultan’s Palace.
- Men fought, women and kids were evacuated.
- Ibrahim Lamnga was killed, Cut Nyak swore to destroy the Dutch.
|Supporting paragraph 3||To tell Cut Nyak Dhien’s 2nd marriage||- Cut Nyak Dhien accepted Teuku Umar’s proposal.
- Their marriage greatly boosted the morale of Aceh armies
|Supporting paragraph 4||To tell Teuku Umar’s role in the war||- the Acehnese declared Holy War against the Dutch
- Undersupplied, Teuku Umar surrendered to Dutch
- The Dutch army welcomed him
- Teuku Umar secretly planned to betray the Dutch
- Teuku Umar used the supplies to help the Acehnese
|Supporting paragraph 5||To tell the killing of T Umar and Cut Nyak Dhien’s response to it.||- The Dutch sent a spy to Aceh.
- Teuku Umar was killed in Meulaboh.
- Cut Nyak Dhien forbid his daughter from crying over Teuku Umar’s death.
|Supporting paragraph 6||To tell Cut Nyak Dhien’s resistance after her husband died||- Cut Nyak Dhien continued to resist the Dutch
- Cut Nyak Dhien suffered from nearsightedness and arthritis.
- The number of her troops was also decreasing
|Concluding paragraph||To conclude the recount by telling the end of Cut Nyak Dhien’s resistance||- One of her troops betrayed her.
- The Dutch caught Cut Nyak Dhien.
- Cut Nyak Dhien was brought to Banda Aceh, then to Sumedang.